As you already know, for a small fee, the FHS Robotics Club will take anything with a cord and recycle it. But starting this year, we will also take your gently used clothing and other household items for free!
We are teaming up with Savers and they will make a contribution to FHS Robotics for every pound of clothing we deliver to them. We’ll accept gently used clothing, shoes, bedding, towels, hats, mittens, scarves, ties, socks, purses, wallets, backpacks, bags, belts, jewelry.
On Saturday June 17th from 9 am – 3 pm we will in the main parking accepting both electronics and clothing. But you can save a trip and drop off items Wednesday June 12th through Friday June 16th from 11 am-3 pm. Please bring clothing in a standard 13 gallon kitchen trash bag.
The fees for dropping off electronics are:
$1 Portable Items – Cell phones,MP3 players, telephones smoke detectors, calculators, routers, modems, speakers less than 12” tall, or USB hubs
$3 Small Items – External hard drives, external CD/DVD drives, or speakers 12-15” tall
$5 Medium-sized Items – Inkjet printers, VCRs, scanners, DVD Players, radios, stereo components, boom boxes, toaster ovens, game console, or speakers 15-22” tall
$10 Medium-Large Items – Laptops, fax machines, laser printers, or speakers 22-34” tall
$15 Larger items – Computers, microwaves, humidifiers, dehumidifiers, all-in-one printers
$20 Large Items – All computer monitors or TVs 27” diagonal and under and speakers over 34” tall,
$25 Very Large Items – TVs over 27” diagonal, air conditioner (home wall/window units)
$35 Wood console/ projection TVs
Ridiculously Large Items – Office copiers, large AC units, refrigerators, washers, dryers, etc. are priced by size (H+W+D) in inches:
Size < 70” – $15
70”-80” – $25
80”-90” – $35
90”-100” – $45
100”-110” – $55
110”-120” – $65
Things we take:
- Plastic TVs, Wood TVs, Laptops, computer monitors, computers, CPU boxes, all computer parts and accessories, keyboards, mice, cell phones, speakers, video games and systems, camera/video/audio equipment, fax/copy machines, printers, wires, plugs, drives, cards, servers.
- Household Appliances, including all white goods including refrigerators, freezers, water heaters stoves, dishwashers, washers and dryers. Household appliances including toasters, irons, hair dryers, and microwaves.
- Metal Items (less than 8 ft long)
- Metal poles, metal desks, barbeque grills (no propane tanks), pots
Things we won’t/can’t take:
- Automobile parts (Tires, mufflers, fenders, etc.)
- Beds & bedding parts (Hide-a-beds, bunk beds, mattresses, box springs, waterbeds, coil springs, etc.)
- Construction materials (Lumber, pipes, floors, tubs, cabinets, carpet, doors, windows, etc.)
- Damaged furniture (Torn, soiled or in need of repair)
- Flammable products (Any items that operate on or contain fuel including: gas cans, propane cylinders, lawn mowers, weed trimmers, camp stoves, tiki torches, etc. )
- Hazardous materials (Batteries, paints, chemicals, cleaning products, poisons, any liquids, etc.)
- Infant products (Car seats, cribs and related products)
Marine vessels (Boats, canoes, kayaks, etc.)
- Weapons (Firearms, explosives, ammunition, flares, etc.)
- Other items (Swing sets, food, animals)